viernes, 14 de octubre de 2016

My Favorite Book

Hi everyone today I’m going to talk about my favorite’s book which is The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, a short novel by Lovecraft, a very well-known American horror fiction author.

I read this book because I had to do a high school’s work, which consisted in recommend a book to the class and also because I wanted to show to my classmates a book that probably most of them didn’t knew.

This novel was written in 1927 and the story takes place in ProvidenceRhode Island. The novel, set in 1918, describes how a guy called Charles Dexter Ward, a young man from a wealthy Rhode Island family becomes obsessed with his distant ancestor, Joseph Curwen, who was an alleged wizard with strange habits. Ward physically is very similar to Curwen, and also is interested in his ancestor strange habits.
The story is mainly focused on the investigation done by ,Marinus Bicknell, Ward’s family doctor , in order to discover the reason for Ward's strange physiological changes. Willett discovers that Ward had spent the past several years attempting to discover the grave of Joseph Curwen.
During the course of the plot, the doctor begins to reveal the truth behind the legends surrounding Charles Dexter Ward ancestor, an eighteenth-century shipping entrepreneur and alleged wizard and also discovers that apparently, Charles Dexter Ward is a reincarnation of Joseph Curwen.
This book is one of my favorites mainly because of his story, which I think is very interesting, ‘cause I’m also interested in things related to wizardry and that kind of things.

2 comentarios:

  1. looks interesting, I'll definitely read the book!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. CREEPIEST BOOK EVER I HAVE NEVER EXPIRIENCED SOMETHING LIKE THIS, I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE THE WAY I'M FEELING AT MOMENT. The storyline has something different, Arabic and western culture mergin together to create a masterpiece of horror literature, stranger than most of nowadays books... Le Journal, 1927.

    ResponderEliminar